background

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

ART DAY

Thanks to Kathy who invited up to 30 kids from our Moms group to participate in her Art Day. This semester Kathy is teaching "Creative Arts in Early Childhood" at a local college. Yesterday each of her students presented an art activity for kids (18 mos-6 yrs). The big boys are at my Mom & Darrell's so I was able to make this a special Mommy daughter day for Adeline & me. Adeline had an great time and enjoyed getting really messy!

This was a great idea. I have done a version of this using a small box to roll around marbles or golf balls with paint but I loved how the kids were able to really move around, jump and have fun while holding the pool. Adeline & I are going to do this with D'Angelo & Auggie sosmeday soon.



Mini pinatas were available to decorate.
Glue and jello go well together on paper.Most kids had very bright beautiful creations. Adeline just kept mixing it all up.


No comments: