background

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas fun with Our Family

As tradition goes we host Christmas Eve at our house. This year it was our family, Uncle Chuck & Susan, and my Mom & Darrell aka Gaga & Poppy. Auntie Judes & Uncle Denver stopped by for some dessert too. Rick's Dad decided not to come to Chicago this year and that was sad. The kids missed having him. Any time they hear the word Arizona they say, that's where Grampy Bill lives or that's where Daddy's Dad lives, so cute. Anyway, you were missed Grampy Bill.

Rick cooked us a nice meal and afterwards we had lots of goodies from neighbor Deb (my Mom's neighbor) and the creme brulee that Rick made. The kids were a little on the wild side by the time dessert was being served so we decided not to open any more gifts. They had already opened gifts from Uncle Chuck, but they usually open their gifts from Gaga & Poppy on Christmas Eve as well. I love having everyone over and having a little time to catch up and enjoy the company. I am glad the overexcited children didn't scare them away early. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

My Mom & I had the challenging task of waiting for the kids to sleep before we could go out to Rick's office to get gifts wrapped. All I kept doing for weeks was dropping things into Rick's office thinking I would get back out there and get wrapping before Christmas Eve. That never happened, I hadn't wrapped a single gift. D'Angelo wanted to wait up to see Santa even though I assured him no child has ever stayed up late enough to see him because he waits until he KNOWS your sleeping...please go to sleep little ones. Adeline was up the latest. She was so excited that she couldn't fall asleep. It was after 11 when my Mom & I finally snuck out to wrap, but we got the job done, and I was snuggling into my pillow around 3:30am.

Adeline & Uncle Chuck

Cookies for Santa Auggie had already fallen asleep so D'Angelo & Adeline made sure to leave a plate of cookies from Auggie as well. Yep, that's right, there had to be one plate of cookies from each of the big kids this year!


Christmas Morning... D'Angelo was the first to wake just before 7:00. He woke me up exclaiming, It's Christmas, Santa was here! I was so tired that I tried to convince him that we should sleep for a while longer. He then almost started to cry and said, "Mommy, it's Christmas you have to get up!". That made me feel so bad. I got up and let him open up his stocking, just him and I in the quiet house full of sleeping people. He was excited with what he received, but, it didn't have the yellow train, you know, THE TOY he wanted for Christmas. I told him Santa probably left it under the tree somewhere. His next comment was, well then lets dive in and open these presents.
Oliver really getting his teeth into it
Auggie very happy with his new train
I laughed at all the blueberry stained faces from the breakfast of french toast and blueberry sauce Daddy made us.
Xavier enjoying his raisins that were in his stocking
All 6 of our kids playing with the Ball Popper that Tia got for Christmas.
The girls and Poppy with his & Gaga's gift
(thanks to Charlie for taking all the wonderful pictures of our family)
Miss Tia's first Christmas!
Santa delivered some dress-up outfits too Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

1 comment:

Kim said...

My older kids all play with the ball popper too! Love Tia's hair!!!