background

Thursday, December 27, 2007

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas here. I am so blessed to have such a loving family and great friends. Christmas Eve is traditionally our time to host dinner. Usually Rick goes crazy in the kitchen prepping for days and cooking, cooking, cooking. This year he honored my request to have a simple meal so that he could enjoy the day with us and not be a slave to the fancy food. He did very well being simple- which surprised me. He did wind up forgetting to buy the bread to make the croutons for his butternut squash soup though, which was a bummer because it makes the soup for me. He also was so relaxed that he forgot to add the brown sugar which resulted in a soup that was not up to par. Thankfully for me, I got to taste batch #2 that he prepared for the neighbors today. Very delicious! I think next year we'll try to prepare a meal somewhere between fussy and simple.


This Christmas was so awesome because the kids really enjoyed it and their excitement was contagious. They received many gifts and did well sharing with each other. They almost didn't care whose gift was whose so long as they were able to tear into something. Unfortunately that did lead to Adeline opening a couple presents that remained under the tree this morning. We are celebrating with my Dad on Saturday so those gifts are still in the danger zone of being opened here!

No comments: